The Technology Research 2020 is a three-day professional development conference focused on technology integration strategies
This meetup provides guidance, ideas and resources to assess the integration of technology into an enterprise. Infusing a business with technology can be a transforming experience: the potential exists to change almost every aspect of business operations, and much of operation and marketing. Applications of technology in practice are examined through key questions, indicators, and measures for technology integration in the competitive business setting.
There are a number of reasons to track the effectiveness of technology integration. The integration of technology into a public/government organization is in many ways like its integration into any business setting; technology is just a tool to improve productivity and practice. Measures need to be available to assess effectiveness, and yet some of the most significant effects can be difficult to measure. For administrative tasks, technology can improve worker productivity by removing repetitive aspects of complex tasks or improving system communication. Technology integration in the organization also has the potential to support important HR goals. Technology, it has been argued, helps change employer-employee relationships, encourages project-based interaction, and supports the acquisition of skills such as “higher order thinking,” analysis, and problem solving. The most important reason for measuring, though, is the understanding that the impact of technology on organizations is dependent upon how successfully technology is integrated.
Technology integration is the incorporation of technology resources and technology-based practices into the daily routines, work, and management of enterprise. Technology resources are computers and specialized software, network-based communication systems, and other equipment and infrastructure. Practices include collaborative work and communication, Internet-based research, remote access to instrumentation, network-based transmission and retrieval of data, and other methods. This definition is not in itself sufficient to describe successful integration: it is important that integration be routine, seamless, and both efficient and effective in supporting business goals and purposes.
Integrating technology is what comes next after making the technology available and accessible. It is a goal-in-process, not an end state. The goal of perfect technology integration is inherently unreachable: technologies change and develop, technology startups come and go, things change. It is the process by which people and their institutional setting adapt to the technology that matters most. The process of technology integration is one of continuous change, learning, and (hopefully) improvement. Developing a culture that embraces technology is also important to its successful integration; for example, using cloud integration platforms, or encouraging staff to adopt microservices rasher than developing in-house applications, fosters a culture that accepts technology as “natural” to the business of everyday work.
- U.S. Government Market for Low-Code/No-Code Software
- Quantum Computing Market Forecast
- Navy Large Unmanned Surface and Undersea Vehicles
- The rise of ARPA-everything model in U.S. Federal Government
- Air Force B-21 Raider Long-Range Strike Bomber
- Technology sector jumped to a market value of over $13 trillion during the pandemic
- Introducing M1 Pro and M1 Max: the most powerful chips Apple has ever built
- Blockchaining, AI and IoT are the three big technological developments that will change banking
- Ginkgo Bioworks has built the world’s largest DNA factory in a bid to alter the code behind life
- Discovering Technology Treasures Expo by Taiwan’s Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Black Hat Europe 2021 Announces Keynote Speakers & Releases Full Event Schedule, November 8-11, 2021, ExCeL London
- Cyber Cartels, Ransomware, AI, & Cryptocurrency Among Cyber Trends Explored at Billington Cybersecurity Summit, October 6-8, 2021
- Why are shipping companies so vulnerable to cyberattacks today?
- Cloud Security Alliance Federal Summit 2021, Oct. 28, Washington Marriott at Metro Center, Washington, D.C.
- Black Hat USA 2021 Closes on the Industry’s First and Largest Hybrid Event
- Forrester Announces Full Conference Agenda For Technology & Innovation North America 2021 Live Virtual Experience, November 2–3, 2021
- Microsoft Research Summit, October 19-21, 2021
- DTX Europe 2021 taking place at the ExCeL London from 6-7 October 2021
- Google Cloud Next 21, October 12-14, 2021
- TechCrunch held The Disrupt 2021 online on September 21-23