The Technology Research 2020 is a three-day professional development conference focused on technology integration strategies
This meetup provides guidance, ideas and resources to assess the integration of technology into an enterprise. Infusing a business with technology can be a transforming experience: the potential exists to change almost every aspect of business operations, and much of operation and marketing. Applications of technology in practice are examined through key questions, indicators, and measures for technology integration in the competitive business setting.
There are a number of reasons to track the effectiveness of technology integration. The integration of technology into a public/government organization is in many ways like its integration into any business setting; technology is just a tool to improve productivity and practice. Measures need to be available to assess effectiveness, and yet some of the most significant effects can be difficult to measure. For administrative tasks, technology can improve worker productivity by removing repetitive aspects of complex tasks or improving system communication. Technology integration in the organization also has the potential to support important HR goals. Technology, it has been argued, helps change employer-employee relationships, encourages project-based interaction, and supports the acquisition of skills such as “higher order thinking,” analysis, and problem solving. The most important reason for measuring, though, is the understanding that the impact of technology on organizations is dependent upon how successfully technology is integrated.
Technology integration is the incorporation of technology resources and technology-based practices into the daily routines, work, and management of enterprise. Technology resources are computers and specialized software, network-based communication systems, and other equipment and infrastructure. Practices include collaborative work and communication, Internet-based research, remote access to instrumentation, network-based transmission and retrieval of data, and other methods. This definition is not in itself sufficient to describe successful integration: it is important that integration be routine, seamless, and both efficient and effective in supporting business goals and purposes.
Integrating technology is what comes next after making the technology available and accessible. It is a goal-in-process, not an end state. The goal of perfect technology integration is inherently unreachable: technologies change and develop, technology startups come and go, things change. It is the process by which people and their institutional setting adapt to the technology that matters most. The process of technology integration is one of continuous change, learning, and (hopefully) improvement. Developing a culture that embraces technology is also important to its successful integration; for example, using cloud integration platforms, or encouraging staff to adopt microservices rasher than developing in-house applications, fosters a culture that accepts technology as “natural” to the business of everyday work.
- Alternative Data Storage Technologies
- 1.7 billion people could be affected by the global food crisis
- Bridging the Digital Divide
- New skills will be required for the future world of work
- Omnichannel: 75% of US consumers say they’re shopping both in-store and online
- Infinitum Electric Raises $80M in Series D Funding Led by Riverstone Holdings to Scale Production of Sustainable Motors
- Introducing IonQ Forte, Improving Quantum Performance with a Software-Configurable Dynamic Laser System
- Cloudflare Unveils New SQL Database Offering
- Cloudflare announces Workers for Platforms
- Intel is rolling out new processors designed for data centers
- A defense-in-depth approach is critical to reduce email risk
- The Global Cyber Innovation Summit (GCIS), 27-28, 2022, Baltimore, Maryland
- Hackers have broken into dozens of Russian institutions
- The 13th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit, September 7-9, 2022, Washington Convention Center
- Black Hat Announces Keynote Speakers for Black Hat Asia 2022 Hybrid Event, May 10–13 2022, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
- Extreme Networks “Connect” User Conference Returns to Nashville June 6-9, 2022
- Augmented World Expo USA, June 1-3, 2022, Santa Clara Convention Center
- The global State of Open Data Policy Summit takes place on Tuesday, 17 May from 17 CET!
- Web Summit 2022, November 1-4, 2022, Lisbon
- Square to Hold Sixth Annual Unboxed Developers Conference on May 12, 2022